Caleffi is committed to constantly certifying its organisation to the most important standards laid down in ISO regulations.
More recently, the Environmental Management System of the company's manufacturing sites and goods export procedure were quality certified.
At present, the Occupational Health and Safety System is being certified to BS OHSAS 18001:2007, the next internal goal is to achieve the most recent energy and ethics certifications.
The quality system certifications obtained to date are attested by ICIM, BSI and IQNET certificates for the Quality Management System, AEOF certificate for facilitated goods export and ICIM and IQNET 14001 certificates for the environmental management system.
Quality system certifications+
In order to assure that our Quality Management System is in agreement with the requirements specified in the reference standard, Caleffi has undertaken to assure that customer and product requirements are identified, defined and satisfied in order to increase customer satisfaction, develop a system of continual improvement, establish pursuable business goals, achieve the organizational and relational conditions suited to promote the goals identified and have the company in its entirety comprehend the importance of the contents of the Quality policy.
Current valid certificates are:
- JANUARY 2022: update of ISO 9001:2015 certification with Accredia logo instead of UKAS
- APRIL 2021: Caleffi achieved by BSI the updated ISO 9001:2015 certification until May 2024. The certification has been extended to VMC products.
- MAY 2018: Caleffi achieved the updated British Standard Institution (BSI) certification until 2021 (certificate nr. FM 21654)
- MAY 2017: renewal of the UNI EN ISO 9001:2015 (ICIM and IQNET certifications). With regards to the BSI certification, Caleffi undertook the 'transition' phase to the new 9001:2015 norm dispositions.
- APRIL 2015 renewal of the BSI certification until May 2018.
- MAY 2011: sixth renewal of the ICIM and related IQNet certification as proof of the correct maintenance of the Quality Management System and the strengthening of the company's image in an international context.
- APRIL 2010: Quality Management System upgraded to the new UNI EN ISO 9001:2008 Standard.
- JULY 2009: Caleffi achieved the updated British Standard Institution (BSI) certification.
- JULY 2008: Our Heat Metering Systems are covered by the extension of the BSI.
- JUNE 2008: Caleffi is awarded the new and prestigious Golden Label Certificate which is given to recongnize companies’extended successes.
- MAY 2008: A new success - the ICIM and IQNET certifications have been renewed until 2011.
In order to supervise our high quality standards, we periodically measure our Customers' Satisfaction by a survey.
The results are useful to determine merits as well as critical points. Their resolution becomes our goal.
Environmental management system+
The Environmental Management System is the set of processes, procedures, instruments, and models that an organisation implements and formally applies to comply with the requirements of applicable legislation. Organisations seeking and obtaining quality certification make a formal commitment to limiting both the direct effects on the environment (of their operations) and also any indirect effects (environmental issues they can exert a degree of influence on), reducing emissions, promoting waste recovery and recycling, more efficient use of resources and best environmental practices. The priority of quality-certified organisations is in fact to adopt a policy to continuously improve their environmental performance.
Caleffi has always been aware that human and industrial activities, including those of the company itself, have repercussions on the surrounding environment, and therefore made the voluntary decision to adopt an Environmental Management System which was certified to UNI EN ISO 14001:2004 last June. This system dictates how the company monitors and aims to continuously improve its environmental performance, the main objective being to prevent and reduce the impact of the activities it exercises.
The following certification has been achieved:
- ICIM certification is a reliable attestation of the ability of Caleffi's Environmental Management System to meet the specific requirements and fulfil the predefined objectives;
- IQNET certification, required by "The International Certification Network", demonstrates the equivalence of the certifications issued by its members and assures the certified quality systems of organisations are recognized internationally thereby favouring transparency in international trade.
29 May 2012: Caleffi has obtained AEOF certification - simpler customs/safer shipments - that is often requested of economic operators intending to benefit from both benefit from customs simplifications and facilitations with regard to the customs controls relating to security.
It applies to Authorized Economic Operators, i.e. subjects resident in EU customs territory, holders of an AEO certificate issued by the customs' authority of a member state on the basis of the requirements and conditions laid down by the European Commission, including the reliability and the safety of these subjects in the international supply chain.
AEOF certification is recognized across Europe (and mutually recognized by almost all countries in the western world); it originated from an agreement between the EU and USA, which various other countries have also signed (including Japan, Switzerland, Norway, Canada and China).
Being an authorized operator brings many operating and commercial benefits:
• less documentary, scanned and physical controls
• priority handling of shipments when selected for checking
• the operator can choose where said checks are to be carried out
• facilitated procedure to obtain the currently available custom simplifications
• less information required in summary statements
• preventive notification of the positive outcome of the customs control circuit regarding the summary declaration
• the mutual recognition of security programmes with non-EU countries.
In short, it guarantees better relations with customs authorities, fewer delays in shipments, increased security and better communication between parties in the logistics chain; in other words, significant advantages for goods export.
Caleffi is very happy with the result achieved and, following the journey undertaken and completed with the constant help of authorities and collaborators, would like to thank ANIMA, the EasyFrontier service company, and Mr. Familiari for coordinating the work carried out by Novara customs officials.