Coffee with Caleffi™: Magnetic Separation In Commercial Hydronic Systems
Magnetic Separation In Commercial Hydronic Systems
Thursday, May 21
12 noon CDT
In this webinar, Mark Olson, Caleffi GM, takes an in-depth look at iron oxides, a special type of debris that forms to some degree or another in all hydronic systems. He reviews the various causes of iron oxide formation, the problems that can occur if not addressed and solutions available for ridding and preventing them including a relatively new technology called magnetic dirt separators. You'll learn about:
- How has today's modern, energy efficient HVAC systems become more vulnerable than in the past?
- Iron oxide, ferrous oxide, ferric oxide, magnetite, hematite – different words for the same problem?
- Oxygen scavenging – what does it mean?
- Rare earth neodymium magnets... say what?
- How ugly can sludge get?
- Oxygen diffusion – through what material can it occur?
- What role do chemicals play?
- Do you remember gauss and magnetic flux from science class? Mark will refresh your memory.
Mark Olson has served as General Manager of Caleffi North America since 2005. He holds an MSE degree in Applied Mechanics from the University of Michigan. Mark’s 30 years' of experience includes engineering, sales & marketing management positions with Whirlpool, Pentair & Generac.
Our educational series, Coffee with Caleffi™, is an online product training webinar and is intended for contractors, designers and wholesalers. The complimentary one-hour training sessions are conducted by Caleffi personnel and guest speakers with most sessions hosted by Bob "Hot Rod" Rohr, our training and education manager.
All Coffee with Caleffi webinars are free, but registration is required. After registering, you will be immediately forwarded a confirming e-mail containing log-in details for attending the webinar. When training time comes, grab a coffee, tune in and learn more about Caleffi’s innovative products and how they can add value to your work.
Missed a webinar? No problem, our webinar archive is available 24/7 for your convenience.