Coffee with Caleffi™: Expansion Tanks (Designs, Sizing and Application)
Expansion tanks are a required component of every closed-loop system. Whether your system is designed for hydronic heating, cooling, geothermal, or solar thermal, an expansion tank plays an important part in maintaining system operation. Jody Samuell, Caleffi Manager of Engineer Education, takes a look at:
- What is the difference between a compression tank and a pre-charged expansion tank?
- How do I size an expansion tank? Does it change with application?
- How does anti-freeze affect expansion tank sizing?
- Do I need to check/change the pressure in my expansion tank?
- If my tank is properly sized, will the pressure change?
- Where do I locate my expansion tank?
- What maintenance is required for expansion tanks?
Our educational series, Coffee with Caleffi™, is an online product training webinar and is intended for contractors, designers and wholesalers. The complimentary one-hour training sessions are conducted by Caleffi personnel and guest speakers with most sessions hosted by Bob "Hot Rod" Rohr, our training and education manager.
All Coffee with Caleffi webinars are free, but registration is required. After registering, you will be immediately forwarded a confirming e-mail containing log-in details for attending the webinar. When training time comes, grab a coffee, tune in and learn more about Caleffi’s innovative products and how they can add value to your work.
Missed a webinar? No problem, our webinar archive is available 24/7 for your convenience.