Caleffi and COVID-19
Caleffi North America stands committed to providing a safe workplace for our employees while continuing to provide quality products to the market.
Here is our status:
- Customer service, assembly, shipping and technical support operations in Milwaukee will continue as normal while we follow the latest CDC guidelines for business operations.
- Our office and field personnel are now working remotely, attending in-person meetings only when deemed extremely important.
- Our factories in Italy, while anticipating for weeks now a possible forced manufacturer shutdown, have been busy producing and shipping orders in advance to subsidiaries including North America. Our current supply chain is healthy, but we will continue to monitor the situation carefully.
- Due to high demand before the onset of the virus, two newly introduced plumbing product families (5212 Series SinkMixer™ and 520 Series AngleMix™) were depleted. Replenishments are on their way, but there may be another possible shortage of these items.
- We will continue to update our customers on availability as events unfold.
Meanwhile in Italy, Caleffi S.p.A. - our parent company headquartered in Fontaneto d'Agogna – has taken a proactive position in helping fight the coronavirus pandemic. Two stressed hospitals, Maggiore Policlinico Hospital (Milan) and S.S. Trinity Hospital (Borgomanero), received a combined €1 million contribution from the CALEFFI Group to provide:
- Indispensable machinery to respond to the health emergency
- Patient medical care
- Research development regarding the contagious virus
"We hope that our initiative will make people in Italy and abroad aware of the emergency in which we all are involved," explained Marco Caleffi, president of Caleffi S.p.A. "Our aim is to support the hospital infrastructure by providing concrete help to the hospital staff of doctors, nurses, and front-line healthcare employees.”