29 May 2012: Caleffi has obtained AEOF certification - simpler customs/safer shipments
- that is often requested of economic operators intending to benefit from both benefit from customs simplifications and facilitations with regard to the customs controls relating to security.
It applies to Authorized Economic Operators, i.e. subjects resident in EU customs territory, holders of an AEO certificate issued by the customs' authority of a member state on the basis of the requirements and conditions laid down by the European Commission, including the reliability and the safety of these subjects in the international supply chain.AEOF certification is recognized across Europe (and mutually recognized by almost all countries in the western world); it originated from an agreement between the EU and USA, which various other countries have also signed (including Japan, Switzerland, Norway, Canada and China).
Being an authorized operator brings many operating and commercial benefits:
• less documentary, scanned and physical controls
• priority handling of shipments when selected for checking
• the operator can choose where said checks are to be carried out
• facilitated procedure to obtain the currently available custom simplifications
• less information required in summary statements
• preventive notification of the positive outcome of the customs control circuit regarding the summary declaration
• the mutual recognition of security programmes with non-EU countries.
In short, it guarantees better relations with customs authorities, fewer delays in shipments, increased security and better communication between parties in the logistics chain; in other words, significant advantages for goods export
. AEOF CERTIFICATE
Caleffi is very happy with the result achieved and, following the journey undertaken and completed with the constant help of authorities and collaborators, would like to thank ANIMA, the EasyFrontier service company, and Mr. Familiari for coordinating the work carried out by Novara customs officials.